Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A New Me

OK so every year i vow to lose weight and get into a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately for me i fail time after time. Many people don't know but i suffer from poly cystic ovarian syndrome, which makes it difficult for me to get pregnant. So in order for me to start fertility treatment and make my dreams of becoming a mother a reality, i must lose weight and become healthy. I have partnered with my husband of 3 1/2 years and my 18 yr old niece to slim down and change my lifestyle. Ill say this much....its really hard. I grew up in a family where food was really important. My mother who is an exceptional cook, has taught me all kinds of recipes and has fueled my love for cooking and baking. My biggest obstacle is trying to find ways to make the food i love, healthy and packed with flavor. I know it isn't that hard but i don't find a salad with a grilled piece of chicken inviting. I need my rice and breads!!! But i have been grilling more of my proteins and cutting out some of the rice. I have a long road ahead of me, but i have 2 great supporters!! So I'm taking it one day at a time and i know that soon will be a mommy....

No comments:

Post a Comment